Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The theif of fear

What do you do when things get stressful and out of hand? I know that life can be and is messy at times. I just never thought it was going to be me throwing the idea around of stopping the adoption process at a time or two. yuck - I don't even like to admit that. It always seems to circle around money. Pete and I mailed off our application for a government form that cost around $800 (that was a difficult check to write.) and then within that week we had an unexpected car failure. The cost on the car's "needs" just kept climbing up and up. So we ending with a $800(+) bill on our 1995 Oldsmobile. Our fears know where to hurt us... in our pocket book. The funny thing is - if the car problem happened first we might have chosen to wait even more on the adoption process. But - while we were dealing with our crazy thoughts of mini panic all the while the government is setting up our date for our biometrics. We just found out that November 13th is our appointment for fingerprinting.
Every time I think this is an impossible task in front of us - we are hugely blessed to see that things are still moving forward to bring Hannah home. Our second son, Joey, prays for Hannah every time we eat a meal together. Through his faith that Hannah is coming and his prayer for her saftey, we too are again amazed to see that this process is something larger than our " little money book" and our fears.
Once we get our fingerprints we will waiting for our approval and then the "okay" to send in our dossier to Ethiopia. Then the paper work is out of our hands and we wait for a referral from Ethiopia.
My learning process during this time is how to deal with fear and thoughts that are stealing the Joy in this whole adoption process.
Pete and I took the boys to a concert maybe a month ago, the singer was Jason Gray. The boys have been so excited to see him and sing along. There was a song that has stuck with me for awhile after the concert. It's called "There's no thief like fear". It took me awhile to really understand the concept - well, until I finally saw the effects in my own life. Here is the song to ponder about.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment